Not that it’s really news at this point, but we’re expecting our third child in June! I am just so excited and am so very blessed to have been given these three glorious gifts from God. So for those of you who know us, or even those of you who don’t, (You would be astonished by what strangers feel they have a right to say to you when you’re pregnant and/or a mom.) let me go ahead and give you the answers to some of our FAQs.
1. Yes, we know where babies come from.
2. No, we are not “trying” for a girl.
3. In fact, we don’t have cable. However, I neither feel that is the cause of our pregnancies, nor would I want to trade the “time” time I “spend” with my husband to spend time watching 30 Rock. (Totally not knocking 30 Rock – I LOVE 30 Rock!)
4. Yes, this baby was planned…by Someone much wiser than we are.
5. Andy is 4, Jack is 2.
5b. No, we are not systematically spacing our children.
6. Yes, I’m a little concerned about the expenses we are going to incur considering we have a 2 bedroom apartment and there is no room for another passenger in either of our cars.
6b. No, I do not feel that those concerns were sufficient reason not to have another child right now.
6c. The Lord will provide.
7. I don’t know whether we are “done” having children. We are both open to the possibility of more. We are both immensely satisfied with the amazing little family we already have. See #4 re: a wiser Individual.
8. No, I am not bored at home.
8b. Yes, my boys already keep me incredibly busy and I can’t imagine having more to handle in one day. Laughably, I felt the same way when transitioning from one to two kids. I think it’s hard to imagine what you’re capable of until you see yourself doing it.
9. Yes, I have heard that the transition from 2 to 3 kids is the harder than 1 to 2 or even 3 to 4.
9b. No, I’m not going to spend the next 6 months worrying about that.
10. Yes, I do occasionally doubt my parental abilities.
10b. The Lord won’t give me anything I can’t handle.
If your question remains unanswered, feel free to chime in. I assure you, it probably isn’t anything some random person hasn’t already asked me in the grocery store.
I went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks great. I heard his or her little heartbeat and got to do another ultrasound! Eventually, I’ll get around to scanning the pictures. In the meantime, you’ll just have to wait until you run into me to see our little peanut. We should find out if we’re having a boy or a girl in February!
Right now, I’m a little more than 13 weeks, and, just in case you’re curious, this is what our baby looks like.